Orlando Anxiety & Panic Treatment
Anxiety can often be underestimated in its power to impact truly every aspect of well-being. It can hold us back at work/school, perpetuate social isolation, keep us from making important phone calls, or make us assume that we are going to mess up or sound “weird” in everyday interactions.
Perhaps one of the most frustrating aspects of anxiety is that typically anxious people are very insightful and generally know that their worries are extreme. When the anxiety keeps “winning” in spite of this awareness, you might begin to feel helpless & inadequate over time.
These layers of self-judgment (we can think of it like becoming anxious about your anxiety) tend to deplete you of energy to actually face the anxiety and move through it. This avoidance in turn reinforces your anxiety and robs you of the opportunity to see that you are strong enough to face your fears!
It’s a self defeating cycle, and I would love to help you out of it.
evidence based Treatment of Anxiety disorders
Healing from anxiety is possible. We will work together to help you understand where your anxiety is coming from, equip you with the mindset and tools to manage your anxiety, and develop a collaborative plan to gradually face your fears and step into a life of purpose and meaning.
I would be my privilege to walk with you through this journey if you are currently struggling with any of the following anxiety concerns:
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- anxiety about many, if not all, aspects of your life & relationships
Social Anxiety Disorder
- anxiety in social situations, fear of being judged by others
- anxiety about tests, presentations, interviews, performance opportunities)
Panic Attacks or Panic Disorder
- episodes of extreme anxiety and related physical sensations, including: racing heart, difficulty breathing, dizziness, tingling in extremities, etc
Sleep Difficulties Due to Racing Thoughts
This work will include empirically validated principles of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) as well as insighted/depth oriented exploration.
Orlando depression Treatment
In many ways, depression and anxiety can be two sides of the same coin, where immobilizing fear, feelings of inadequacy, and sadness usually go hand in hand.
There is nothing like depression in its power to alienate you from other people, experiences, and- at its core- your true self. When that depressive voice of deep sadness, self-loathing and guilt is in control, the smallest of tasks can feel completely impossible.
Individuals with depression often come into counseling frustrated with messages that they need to just “push through it,” suggestions that it is “all in their head,” or a fear of burdening others if they are honest about the depth of their pain.
Within the space of therapy, there is a foundation of belief, validation, and nonjudgment of your struggle. You do not have to prove anything. You only need to be willing to be a partner in your own healing.
Evidence based treatment of depression
We will work together to help you:
- reconnect with your personal, intuitive reasons to push against the shadow of depression in manageable ways.
- find balance between self compassion and movement toward your goals
- distance yourself from toxic thought patterns, relationships, and situations that may be contributing to your depression
- commit, hour by hour in your life, to taking manageable steps to reconnect with the person you are, or hope to be, outside of the depression
- reconnect with a sense of purpose and meaning in life
This work will include principles of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Insight/Depth Oriented Exploration.
I am waiting to partner with you in your journey toward healing from anxiety and/or depression. Don't hesitate to contact me to start now.